Monday, October 26, 2009

At a loss for words

I Have been struggling with all of the shades of true faith. How, God, do you allow us to get so separate or distant from all of the other people in our parish. How is it that a person can say, " Communion on the tongue and wine from the cup should be banned from all church." This being a person who sits on the church counsel. This same person seems to feel like EWTN is evil, old fashioned. She says what we call tradition was invented in the early centuries of the church. When I speak out about silence after receiving, she states the church is made for fellowship. I feel so confused about how different her faith is from mine. If it weren't for my husband and the church ladies in my rosary group, I would leave my church. Yet, I know I have to stay and fight for a change to happen. The thing is, I don't fight. My words certainly don't have any value in our parish. I am at a loss for words, That is why I don't write. Maybe this blogging stuff is not for me. For now at least, maybe silent prayer is the only answer.

1 comment:

  1. One does not always need words to fight successfully. Behavior and example can be quite powerful. So can prayer. Do you pray at your church meetings? Or are they just social discussions? It is odd how even our prayer group can be pulled into long discussions before we get down to prayer, and the longer we discuss the less urgent the need for prayer seems -- until we remember why we came together, why we always come together, whether in the prayer group or at the eucharist.

    ReplyDelete