Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Will I travel and speak with the ministre

This past summer I met someone that I felt was brought into my life by Our Virgin Mother. She has a very high position in Haiti and is instrumental in the passing of laws that are meant to change and better the lives of Haitian women. Somehow, it came up that her next law that she wants to work on is the legalization of abortion in the cases of incest and rape etc. As soon as she mentioned this I knew the WE had to talk. I feel that she recently has felt some sort of reconversion and maybe that was why when she heard a friend and me singing, she felt very drawn to us. Anyway, she is back in Haiti and I have been invited to travel on a mission trip in November. This mission is lead by "Little Children of Mary," Martha's Vineyard. I really have felt since early on, that I was going to speak to her about the mistake she would be making. I am writing this today to ask for prayers, that I, somehow come up with the funds to buy my plane ticket. $408.00 plus anything extra for travel. I have come up with $255.00. As of today there is still room on the flight. I know it is in God's hands, but I know your prayers will help. Also we are looking for a priest to travel with us. If you know of anyone, the trip is November 10th to the 19th and we travel from Boston to Miami, to Haiti. My heart feels that I am going, but we will see.

2 comments:

  1. What is your mission trip about? Why is your local parish priest not going? (Just curious.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend much of my summer on Martha's Vineyard, and a few years ago I met a woman while praying the rosary. I saw the way she treated her aged mother and said,"Isn't it wonderful how Mary shows us how to love by loving our own mothers." We became friends and I found out that she lead a mission group to Haiti. She felt in prayer that she was to help Haitians by fish farming. At the time she didn't know what fish farming was. When everything came together quickly she knew her mission was heaven sent. So,two November's ago I went on that mission. When other travelers asked me what I would do there, I blurted out that I was there for support and prayer, asking for the continual intercession of Our Blessed Mother. As time passed I was asked to sit on the Board. The problem was christians that wanted to help this mission were invited to join the board, but soon tried to remove Our Blessed Mother from the mission. "Little Children of Mary", help support the Sisters that run the fish farm as well as their schools. We all travel with suitcases filled with whatever supplies they ask for. My friend Margaret centered the whole mission on Our Mother. She has spent a good part of her life trying to spread the messages of Medjegorje. This was what lead her to Haiti and Fish farming. Nothing was going to remove Mary frome her mission. I truly feel I was given to Margaret as an answer to her prayers. I didn't know a lot about Medjugorje, but knew that Our Mother brought us together. So, that is a little of the story in a nutshell. My local parish priest has nothing to do with this. We did travel with him to Jamaica last April. That mission was affiliated with our Franciscan church, and we all traveled as a parish to Saint Mary's Above Rocks and did other mission work. Haiti is filled with civil unrest. The government is not helpful and I believe people can feel afraid to travel there. Maybe that is why we can't find a priest.

    ReplyDelete